Surf camp Lanzarote
|Best beginner months
|Best advanced months
October - April
|Instructor student ratio
1 / 6
25 km (Arrecife)
Surf camp Lanzarote
Surf camp Lanzarote offers an all-inclusive surf vacation in a luxury surf villa with swimming pool, located in La Santa, at the Northwest corner of the island of Lanzarote.
La Santa is a small fishing village beautifully surrounded by volcanic mountains, intense red desert landscapes and fantastic surf spots. The atmosphere here is very calm and relaxed, but only a short drive away you can go clubbing in the busy resort of Puerto del Carmen.
Lanzarote is the most northern of the Canary Islands. Commonly known as the Hawaii of Europe, the Canary Islands is located 100 km off the Moroccan coast, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, where the swell is big all year around.
Playa de Famara is a perfect beach to learn how to surf as well as to develop more advanced surfing skills. The 6 km long beach, which has soft golden sand and great beginner waves all year round is located just 15 min drive from the surf camp. For the more experienced surfing crowd Lanzarote is packed with great reef breaks and point breaks within similar distance.
The Climate is sub tropic which means that in winter the air temperature seldom reaches below 20 degrees C, in summer it is even more pleasant.
Learn how to surf
The surf school usually holds classes at the beautiful beach break at Famara which has excellent conditions for beginners and intermediate surfers.
The classes are given by experienced instructors with life guarding skills. The instructors will be with you the whole class and we promise that you will have a great time! Each instructor will teach a maximum of 6 students at the same time ensuring that you receive the full attention you need to develop your surfing skills.
The following is included for students attending the surf school:
- Accommodation in surf house - choose beteen standard or upgraded
- 3 hours surf lessons, 5 days per week
- Daily transfer between the surf house and the surf spots
- All surf equipment needed
- Insurance coverage
- Photographs of your best moments on the beach
- Free wi-fi
If you have arranged your own accommodation, you can also book surf lessons only. This includes 3 hours of surf school, pick up at your hotel, all equipment needed and lunch at the beach.
Guided surf trips
Surfari is a great option for experienced surfers. Every day there is a different swell, a different wind etc. This doesn't matter if you book a surfari with us. Every day you will be transported to the best wave of the day, no matter where about that is on the island. You will be accompanied by professional local surf guides. They will tell you all about the spots, how to get in and out, the currents, type of wave, etc. They will also give you feedback on how to improve your surfing skills.
There are lots of different surf spots where you can end up surfing if you book a surfari. Some of the most famous breaks you might visit are San Juan beach, el Quemao, Caleta Caballo and Queamo. Surf trips to more distant breaks such as La Graciosa can also be arranged.
The following is included in the surfari:
- Accommodation in the surf house - choose between standard or upgraded
- Surfaris with a local guide five days per week (surf equipment not included)
- Transportation to the best waves of the day
Surfaris in Lanzarote are only bookable from September to April, when the swell usually is big.
Surf camp accomodation
The accommodation we offer is a luxurary surf villa located in La Santa at Lanzarote's north coast. Sharing the villa with ohter surfers from around the world is a great opportunity to make new friends and inspire eachother in the quest of finding the perfect wave.
Depending on your preferences you can choose between standard or upgraded rooms.
Standard accommodation means you will share a dormitory room with other guests. Upgraded accommodation means you will have your own private single, double, twin or triple room. Linen is included for all rooms.
The surf villa has a large kitchen with dish washer and all equipment necessary for cooking in a family atmosphere.Bathrooms are spacious and comfortable, equipped with hot and cold water showers.
The surf villa also has a spacious lounge area, comfortably equipped with sofas, TV and free WIFI. Outside you will enjoy the privacy of the garden with a large swimming pool and patio where you can relax in the barbecue area before evening fun.
If you, or someone in your party, don't plan to surf, you can choose 'Accommodation only', which includes just the accommodation at the surf villa.
How to get here
Arrival in Lanzarote is usually done by air. Lanzarote's international airport is called Arrecife (airport code: ACE). The surf camp is located approx 20 min drive from the airport.
There are four main options to get to the surf camp from the airport:
- Pick-up by the surf camp staff - the price is 20 EUR for a single person or 25 EUR for two or more people from 9:00 to 18:00, before or after this time the price is 30 EUR for one person and 35 EUR for two or more people. The pick-up must be booked directly with the surf camp manager after the booking is confirmed.
- Rent your own car - check out e.g. rentalcars.com
- Taxi - is usually available outside the terminal. The price should be approx 40 EUR
- Bus - takes approx 1.5 hours and include 2 changes of buses. Total price is approx. 7 EUR. Check out intercitybuslanzarote.es
Lanzarote has for a long time been a high profile tourist destination. This means you usually can find cheap charter flight-tickets. You can also find lots of regular flights (usually via Madrid) from all major European cities. Check with your local travel agency to find good deals from your hometown.
It is also possible to arrive to Lanzarote by Ferry from either Fuerteventura or Gran Canaria.
|Prices for 7 nights/days||Standard Accommodation||Upgraded Accommodation|
|Surf School||255 EUR||325 EUR|
|Surfari||390 EUR||450 EUR|
|Accommodation only||140 EUR||210 EUR|
- All prices above are stated in terms of price per person and week (7 nights/days).
- If you book more than 7 days you receive 10% discount from day 8 an onward.
- If you book less than 7 days your daily price is calculated as the week price divided by 6.
- The minimum stay is 2 nights/days.
- Prices for upgraded accommodation is based on a minimum of 2 people per booking.
- Single travelers may book upgraded accommodation to a supplement cost of 5 EUR per night.